Official firmware update of Samsung Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 I9300XXUGNA5 Android 4.3 is now released for AUTSwitzerland Region / Users. So you can download I9300XXUGNA5 for Galaxy S 3 (International). AUTSwitzerland users got updates through OTA (Over the Air) so they simply update it with the help of Software update option under Phone setting.
How to check Firmware information
You need to check your Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 notification panel or connect it to your computer and run KIES to verify the availability of new firmware versions for your Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300.
Check your device current firmware information by,
Model Number: Go to Settings > About > Model Number
Example: Galaxy S 3 (International)
Android Version: Go to Settings > About > Android Version
Example: Android 4.3
Product Code: Type Keypad > *2767*4387264636# E
Firmware Versions: TypwKeypad > *#1234#
Kernel Version: Setting > About > Kernel Version
This Latest Firmware ( I9300XXUGNA5 ) update has been released earlier today and you can now be able to enjoy all the features of Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300. The update Firmware files have only been made available for Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 (AUTSwitzerland users).
If case you missed out or if you really want to update your Galaxy S 3 (International) to I9300XXUGNA5 you need to follow our manual method of updating firmware.
Here is specification of Firmware
Model: Samsung GT-I9300
OS Version: Android 4.3
So here is our complete tutorial on how to Update Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 to I9300XXUGNA5 Android 4.3 . Follow the complete method for the safest firmware update
This is a warning from Android Jinni that this Guide / tutorial is only for Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 only. Please do not try this guide in any other Android devices it will work only with Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300. First you need to check your device model number in: Settings » About (there you find your device name). And also note that we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. If you follow our instructions as it is which is stated below, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged and above of all your Smartphone must be factory unlocked.
How to update Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 I9300XXUGNA5 Android 4.3
1) Take a complete backup of your device See how to .
2) Download Firmware file (Link given at the end of the post)
3) Follow our complete tutorial on how to update firmware of your phone manually
5) Visit our Firmware Database to for more firmware file
1. First you need to enable the Debugging mode on Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300. (See how to Enable USB Debugging)
2. You can find USB Drive of Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 and other useful downloads (Download all Android devices USB drivers)
3. You must have at least 70 % battery life remaining. (See how to check you battery percentage)
So now moving toward backup of Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300. Here is the list, which is necessary to take backup
1) Backup all the SMS and SMS Logs, contacts and Calls Logs. (Click here to see how to do this step)
2) Backup Whatsapp and Viber Messages and call logs. (Click here to see how to do this step)
3) Backup your Game Data.
4) Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
5) APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
6) Backup your Apps and their Data Files via Play Store
These are the step that we strongly recommend you to always backup your important data.
Firmware Update Tutorial
- Enable USB debugging Mode on Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 (How To Do )
- Download USB drive Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 (Download Link)
- Download Firmware file (above link). If you have already done? That’s good if not then see a Firmware database list
- Extract Firmware file into a folder
- Download Odin Latest Version
- Now switch off your Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 and wait 5-8 seconds
- Put your Galaxy S 3 (International) GT-I9300 into Download Mode by Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- Run Odin latest version
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Successfully connectivity will show one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. Then POPUP Message arrives under Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”.
- Now click on select these files
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .Tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In ODIN, Please check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options ( Re-Partition check box is optional, I prefer to check it if you are using .pit file
- Now click on the Start button
- Wait until process will complete. On completion of the process your phone will be rebooted and display a message with a green background in the leftmost box at the very top of the Odin. Here you can unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.
- Congratulations you have done it